- Prep Time: 70 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24 biscotti
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (17.4 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Chocolate Chip Swirl Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine quick bread mix, swirl mix packet, butter and eggs in large bowl. Stir 50 to 75 strokes until mix is moistened. Place dough on parchment paper. Divide dough in half, forming each half into a 8 x 2-inch loaf. Chill 30 minutes.
- TRANSFER loaves on parchment paper to baking sheets. Place each loaf about 4 inches apart. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool 15 minutes. Cut each loaf into 3/4-inch slices. Place slices cut-side down and 1 inch apart on same baking sheet. Bake an additional 18 to 20 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes.
- MELT caramels and cream over medium-high heat in small saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat. Drizzle immediately over biscotti. Place chocolate chips in 1-quart heavy duty resealable plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH 45 to 60 seconds or until melted and smooth when kneaded. Cut small corner off bag. Drizzle lightly over biscotti. Sprinkle with pecans. Let stand 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 biscotti of 12), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 130mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 13g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.