Two Cheese Pecan Wafers
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- PLACE pecans in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned. Cool completely. Finely chop.
- COMBINE shortening, cheddar and Parmesan cheeses in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add flour, salt, cayenne and onion powder. Beat about 2 minutes or until a dough forms.
- ROLL dough on a sheet of wax paper into a 1-inch diameter log about 12-inches long. Using wax paper as a guide, roll and press log in chopped pecans. Wrap tightly in wax paper and foil. Freeze 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- CUT log crosswise with sharp knife into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place 1/2-inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and just firm to the touch. Wafers will spread while baking. Cool on baking sheet.
- TIP Unbaked dough will keep, frozen, for 2 months.
- TIP Flavor improves with age. Best made a day or two in advance. Wafers will keep in an airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 wafer), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 2g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.