Two-Tone Leaf Cookies
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- MELT butterscotch chips in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- COMBINE sugar, brown sugar, butter and melted chips in large bowl; beat until smooth. Add milk, vanilla and egg; blend well. Add flour; mix well. Divide dough in half. To half of dough, stir in cocoa until well blended. Wrap each half of dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Roll out each half of dough on well-floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Refrigerate cutouts 15 minutes. Using small leaf-shaped cookie cutter, cut out center of each round cutout; replace with center of opposite color.
- BAKE 5 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- INCREASE flour to 3 1/2 cups. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.