Ultimate Cashew Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 3 Dozen
- 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- Cashews, halved, for tops of cookies
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Beat shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed, until well blended. Beat in egg. Add flour, salt and baking soda, mixing well. Stir in chocolate chips and cashews.
- DROP by rounded tablespoons 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Place a cashew half on top of each cookie.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.