Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is the most requested cookie recipe of all time. Bake up a batch and see for yourself why everyone thinks these cookies are tops.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- TIP * If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Follow recipe above to prepare dough. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Spread dough evenly in pan. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.