Ultimate Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- BEAT shortening and sugar in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Gradually add to shortening mixture on low speed until blended. Divide dough into three pieces. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Roll 1 piece of dough at a time on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough with 2 to 3-inch floured cookie cutters. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 5 to 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Decorate as desired.
- DROP COOKIES: Do not chill dough. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonsful 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375ºF for 7 to 8 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.