Ultimate Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- BEAT shortening and sugar in large bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to shortening mixture at low speed until well blended. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Roll 1/3 of dough at a time on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough with 2 to 3-inch floured cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- BAKE 5 to 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer cookies to cooling rack. Frost and decorate as desired.
- DROP COOKIE: Do not refrigerate dough. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonsful of dough 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375ºF for 7 to 8 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.