Upside-Down Peach Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 1/4 cups sifted Pillsbury™ Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 3/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1 (14 to 16 oz.) can sliced peaches, drained
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat 24 muffin cups generously with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl of electric mixer. Add 2/3 cup milk and 3/4 cup shortening. Blend at low speed, then beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Add egg whites, remaining 1/3 cup milk and vanilla. Continue beating 2 minutes.
- PRESS 2 teaspoons brown sugar into bottom of each muffin cup. Add 1/2 teaspoon melted shortening. Cut peach slices in half lengthwise, as necessary, to make 24 slices. Place a slice of peach in each cup. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Run a pointed knife around each cupcake to loosen. Invert onto racks to cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 32g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.