Very Berry Trifle
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 (6-serving size box) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves
- 2 cups (about 8) crumbled coconut macaroons
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup slivered, blanched almonds (optional), toasted*
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray two 8-inch round baking pans with no-stick cooking spray. Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and egg whites in a large bowl on low speed for 1 minute; beat on medium speed 2 minutes more, scraping bowl occasionally (or beat 2 minutes by hand, using a wire whisk.) Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Run knife around inside of pan before removing. Cool completely in wire rack.
- MAKE pudding according to package directions. Cut cooled cakes horizontally in half. Spread each lower half with half of the preserves; replace top. Cut filled cakes into bite-sized pieces; place pieces from one cake randomly into bottom of 14-cup trifle or glass bowl.
- SPRINKLE with half of macaroons. Spread half of pudding over macaroons. Top with half of berries and whipped topping. Repeat layers with remaining cake, macaroons, pudding and whipped topping; garnish with remaining berries and almonds, if desired.
- TIP *To toast nuts: Place almonds in a dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 750 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 750mg, Total Carbohydrate 121g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 91g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.