Walnut Caramel Triangles
This unique walnut and caramel cookie bar is not only a pretty addition to a cookie collection but also fun to make and eat! Also great for an afternoon brunch or shower.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 100 min
- Yield: 4 dozen triangles
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, cream and vanilla in heavy saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Spread evenly over partially baked crust.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Garnish with Chocolate Drizzle. Chill. Cut into triangles.
- MELT chocolate chips with shortening. Carefully drizzle over cookies with a spoon.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 48 triangles), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.