Walnut Quick Bread with Tart Lemon Glaze
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
TART LEMON GLAZE
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR oil and sugar until well combined. Beat in eggs, vanilla and lemon peel. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack.
- COMBINE lemon juice and powdered sugar. Brush over warm loaf until all glaze is absorbed. Cool thoroughly on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.