Warm and Fudgy Raspberry Pudding Cake
Karen Bowlden, Boise, ID, Bake-Off® Contest 43, 2008 Finalist
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 100 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 box (18.4 oz.) Pillsbury® Family Size Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Smucker's® Seedless Red Raspberry Jam
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar (11.75 oz.) Smucker's® Hot Fudge Topping
- 1/2 cup fresh red raspberries
- Fresh mint sprigs
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In large bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and 2 of the eggs 50 strokes with spoon. Pour into baking dish.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and jam with electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Beat in remaining 2 eggs, the sour cream and vanilla until well mixed (mixture will be runny). Pour over brownie batter. Swirl mixtures slightly with a spoon or tip of knife for marbled design.
- Bake 35 to 50 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is puffed and set when lightly touched.
- Warm jar of fudge topping as directed on label. Pour evenly over cake, spreading to cover if necessary. Cool 30 to 45 minutes before serving. Garnish with raspberries and mint sprigs. Serve with ice cream.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
- Make brownies following High Altitude package directions. Bake 40 to 50 minutes.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2008
Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 85g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 63g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.