Warm Caramel Apple Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 16 servings 16
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Caramel Apple Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- Additional ingredients to prepare per package instructions
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Divide butter into 2 (9-inch) round baking pans. Spread evenly to coat bottoms of pans. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar. Arrange apple slices on top of brown sugar in a spiral pattern, starting in center of pans and overlapping slightly, as necessary.
- PREPARE cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Spread batter evenly over apples. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- LOOSEN edges of cakes. Invert immediately onto heat-safe serving plates. Spoon any apples remaining in pan over cake. Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 33g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.