Warm Spiced Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 165 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4 cups peeled, cored, sliced Gravenstein or Jonathan apples, about 1 1/3 lbs.
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions. Do not bake.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF.
- PLACE apples in large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice in small bowl. Add to apples; toss to coat. Spoon half of filling into unbaked pie crust. Add remaining filling. Dot with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam. Cover edge with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- BAKE about 50 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 25g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.