White Chocolate Pecan Cake
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 ounces white baking bar, chopped
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury™ Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- White chocolate curls (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray three 9-inch round cake pans with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- HEAT white chocolate and 1/2 cup water in small saucepan until chocolate is melted; cool. Beat egg whites in medium bowl at medium speed until stiff peaks form; set aside. Beat sugar and shortening in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add melted white chocolate and vanilla; mix well.
- ADD flour, baking soda and salt to white chocolate mixture, alternating with buttermilk, beating after each addition until smooth. Stir in pecans and coconut. Gently fold in beaten egg whites. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire racks. Remove from pans. Cool completely.
- BEAT butter, cream cheese and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Add powdered sugar; beat until smooth. Place 1 cake layer, top side down, on serving plate. Spread with frosting. Add second cake layer, top side down; spread with frosting. Top with third layer, top side up. Frost top and sides of cake. Sprinkle top of cake with white chocolate curls, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 600 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 79g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 60g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.