Whole Grain Almond Pancakes with Sweet Orange Syrup
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 12 (4") pancakes
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar and sucralose blend for baking
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Low Sugar™ Reduced Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Sugar Free Breakfast Syrup
- COMBINE the flours, sweetener, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat the egg whites in a small deep bowl with an electric mixer until glossy peaks form. Combine the egg yolks, cottage cheese, milk, extract and oil in a separate bowl. Add the cottage cheese mixture to the flour mixture; fold in the egg whites.
- HEAT a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Spray surface with no-stick cooking spray. Pour a scant 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot surface. Cook slowly until bubbly; turn and cook remaining side until golden brown.
- COMBINE marmalade and syrup in microwave-safe bowl; microwave 15 seconds on HIGH (100% power). Stir until well mixed. Serve warm with pancakes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (3), Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 155mg, Sodium 550mg, Total Carbohydrate 73g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 35g), Protein 17g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 20%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.