Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Ready Time: 25 min
- Yield: 14 pancakes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- HEAT griddle or large skillet to medium heat (350°F). Spray lightly with no-stick cooking spray.*
- COMBINE all ingredients in large bowl; stir just until large lumps disappear (batter will be slightly lumpy.)
- POUR about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle. Cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until bubbles begin to break on surface. Turn; cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown.
- TIP *Griddle is ready when small drops of water sizzle and disappear almost immediately. Pancakes will stick if griddle is too cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/7 2 pancakes), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.