Whole Wheat Rolls
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 210 min
- Yield: 2 dozen rolls
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- HEAT together milk, sugar, salt and shortening in medium saucepan just until warm, stirring occasionally until melted. Combine whole wheat flour and yeast in large bowl. Add milk mixture add eggs. Beat at low speed of electric mixer 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- STIR in enough all purpose flour by hand to make a soft dough. Turn out on lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Coat large bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning once to coat surface. Cover. Let rise until double about 1 1/2 hours. Punch down. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- COAT baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Shape into 24 rolls. Place on prepared baking sheets. Cover and let rise until almost double, about 45 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until browned. Remove from baking sheets. Cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 roll), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.