- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 80 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat a 13 x 9-inch pan lightly with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT egg whites in large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar; continue to beat until peaks are stiff but not dry.
- COMBINE flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in separate large bowl. Add vanilla, milk, oil and egg yolks. Mix at medium speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl often. Fold in egg whites. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool 10 to 20 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Frost as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 23g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.