Yummy Peanut Butter Bars
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 2 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE peanut butter and melted butter in medium bowl. Add eggs, brown sugar and vanilla; mix well. Stir in flour and salt. Beat until smooth. Spread in prepared pan.
- BAKE 35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- STIR together powdered sugar and water until smooth. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in microwave on HIGH 45 seconds. Stir. Drizzle powdered sugar mixture over warm cookies in pan, then with chocolate mixture. Cool. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24 1 bar), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 22g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.