Zesty Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Bites
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 16 pieces
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 or 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 to 1 1/4 lbs.)
- 1 (4 oz.) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups crushed pizza- or taco-flavored tortilla chips
- 1 (15 oz.) can pizza sauce, warmed
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- RINSE chicken; pat dry. Cut each breast half into 4 pieces. Make slit in each piece to form pocket. Stuff about 1 tablespoon cheese into each pocket, pressing closed with fingers.
- PLACE flour in shallow medium bowl. Beat eggs and water in small bowl. Place crushed chips in another shallow bowl or pie plate. Dip chicken pieces in flour, then in egg mixture and then in chips, pressing to coat well. Place on prepared pan. Spray tops with no-stick cooking spray.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear (do not overbake). Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 195mg, Sodium 1010mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g), Protein 60g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 6%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.