Almond-Raspberry Sandwich Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 20 sandwich cookies
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves
- Pillsbury™ Easy Frost™ Decadent Chocolate Fudge Flavored No-Fuss Frosting
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- BLEND cake mix and shortening in a medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until shortening is completely blended into cake mix and coarse crumbs form, about 2 minutes. Add water, egg and almond extract, mixing on low speed until a smooth dough forms.
- ROLL dough on well floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with floured cookie cutter into 2-1/2-inch rounds. Use a 3/4-inch round canape cutter to cut and remove the center of half of the cookies. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Allow cookies to cool 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- To assemble: SPRINKLE powdered sugar generously on top side of all cookies with cut-out centers. Spread about 1 teaspoon preserves evenly on bottom side of all whole round cookies. Top with a cut-out cookie, powdered sugar side up. Pipe a small star or rosette of frosting onto each cookie, inside each center cut-out.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.