Bacon Cheddar Monkey Bread
- Prep Time: 50 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 85 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Hot Roll Mix
- 1 cup hot water (120° to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 5 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and then crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, as needed to handle dough
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- COMBINE hot roll mix and yeast packet in large bowl. Stir in hot water, 2 tablespoons softened butter and egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Add 1 cup cheese and bacon. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 5 minutes or until smooth, adding more flour as needed. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12-cup fluted tube pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine melted butter and chives in small bowl. Divide dough into 24 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Dip each in butter mixture and place in prepared pan. Pour any remaining butter over top. Cover and let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F) 30 to 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Bake an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese in melted. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool at least 20 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 580mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.