Chewy Turtle Snack Cake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 16 to 20 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk, plus 2 tbsp
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (14 oz.) package vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (5 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) large semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- PLACE baking chocolate and water in small microwave-safe bowl. Melt on HIGH 30 seconds or until chocolate can be stirred smooth.
- BEAT sugar and butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla, melted chocolate, buttermilk and eggs until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Make topping while cake is baking.
- COMBINE butter, caramels and evaporated milk in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Allow to cool slightly, then spread over warm cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans.
- BAKE an additional 20 minutes or until chips on top are melted. Cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 39g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.