Gluten Free* Classic Apple Pie
*Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Gluten Free* Classic Pie Crust
- 6 cups sliced, peeled baking apples (about 2 pounds or 4 large), such as Granny Smith, MacIntosh, Gala
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Prepare double crust according to recipe directions, using 9-inch pie plate. Fit into pie plate.
- COMBINE apples, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Toss well to coat. Stir in butter, lemon juice and vanilla. Fill unbaked pie crust.
- ROLL out dough for top crust between two sheets of waxed paper. Remove on sheet of waxed paper. Transfer onto filled pie. Seal and crimp edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam. Whisk egg and milk in small bowl. Brush on top crust. Sprinkle with sugar.
- BAKE 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF. Bake 50 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 68g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 36g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.