Ham and Cheese Buns
- Prep Time: 50 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 buns
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Hot Roll Mix
- 1 cup hot water, 120° to 130°F
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 teaspoons caraway seed
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, as needed to handle dough
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 24 dill pickle chips
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked ham
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix in large bowl. Stir in hot water, butter and egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Add 1 cup cheese, caraway seed and parsley; mix well. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 5 minutes until smooth, adding more flour as needed. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Heat oven to 375°F.
- COAT 15 x 10-inch baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough into 8 pieces. Shape each into 7-inch circle. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese in center of each circle. Top with 3 pickle chips and equal amounts of ham. Pull outer edges of circle to center, covering filling. Pinch dough to seal. Place bun, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Cover with plastic wrap or towel. Let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F.) 15 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. To make sauce: blend mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne pepper and turmeric in small bowl. Serve with warm buns.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 sandwich of 8), Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 1710mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 6g), Protein 26g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 25%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.