Key Lime Donuts
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 18 donuts
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Key Lime Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 container Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Key Lime Flavored Frosting
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted*
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Coat 6-cavity donut pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine cake mix, milk, eggs and butter in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Fill cavities 2/3 full. Wipe away excess batter.
- BAKE 9 to 11 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 3 minutes in pan. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat to bake remaining donuts.
- MICROWAVE frosting in medium microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 20 seconds; stir. Dip light colored side of donut into frosting to coat halfway. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and lime peel. Repeat with remaining donuts. If frosting thickens, microwave frosting for 5 seconds. Stir.
- TIP To Toast Coconut: Spread coconut on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted, tossing the coconut with a fork after each minute. To avoid overbrowning, remove from plate immediately.
- DONUT ASSORTMENT: PLACE 1/2 cup Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Key Lime, Pink Lemonade and Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frostings in individual small microwave-safe bowls. Microwave 10 seconds. Stir. Follow directions in step 3 coating 6 donuts in each frosting flavor. Decorator sprinkles or chopped nuts may be substituted for toasted coconut.
- ELECTRIC DONUT MAKER: PREPARE batter as directed. Heat donut maker according to manufacturer's directions. Fill donut cavity 3/4 full. Bake 1 1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown on bottoms. Cool completely. Frost donuts as directed. Makes 44 mini donuts
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 18 donuts), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 29g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.