Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 110 min
- Yield: 24 brownies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (18.4 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (13 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- PREPARE brownie mix according to package directions using oil, water, eggs. Stir in almond extract and pecans.
- BAKE in 13 x 9-inch baking pan according to package directions. Cool 5 minutes on wire rack. Spoon marshmallow creme evenly over hot brownie. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Carefully spread.
- MICROWAVE butter in medium microwave-safe bowl 45 to 60 seconds or until melted. Add cocoa, milk and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Drizzle by tablespoonfuls evenly over marshmallow layer. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Chill before cutting into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 24 brownies), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 115mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 34g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.