- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
FROSTING AND DECORATION
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 1/8 cups candy corn pieces
- 34 large gumdrops
- 2 small red gum drops
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Combine all cupcake ingredients in large bowl at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
- FROST tops of cupcakes with frosting. To form each body, take a large gum drop and press a piece of candy corn, large end down, into center of gum drop at an angle to resemble beak. Cut each red gum drop into 12 thin strips, about 1/4 inch long; press one strip below each beak to form "wattle." Place one completed gum drop in center of each cupcake. To form tail feathers, arrange about 5 candy corn pieces in half circle around edge of each cupcake, points toward center.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- SEE cake mix package for directions.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 31g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.