Caramel Applesauce Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg (optional)
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- For Cupcakes: BEAT cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, apple juice, applesauce, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Divide evenly in prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 0 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Frosting: COMBINE brown sugar, cream and butter in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Beat in powdered sugar with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Dip tops of cupcakes into warm frosting. Stir frosting occasionally to keep smooth. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 24 cupcakes), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 22g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.