Frosted Spice Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Sugar Free Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Sugar Free Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix, shortening, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until coarse crumbs form. Add water and egg, mixing on low until a smooth dough forms. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- PLACE frosting in small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Seal. Microwave on HIGH 5 seconds. Knead gently to blend. Cut a very small corner off bottom of bag. Drizzle frosting over cookies. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Let stand 15 minutes or until frosting is set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.