Blueberry Muffin Tops
Susan Spicko Newton Falls, OH Bake-Off® Contest 44, 2010 Finalist
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 28 muffin tops
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 EGGLAND’S BEST egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. In small bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the flour, sugar and butter with fork until crumbly; set aside to use for topping. In another small bowl, mix remaining 1 cup flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat dough and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. On low speed, beat in egg, milk, lemon peel and lemon juice until well blended. Stir in flour mixture just until combined (do not overmix; mixture will be a thick batter). Carefully fold in blueberries. (If using thawed berries, rinse and pat dry with paper towel before adding.)
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls 1 to 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets, using rubber spatula to scrape batter from tablespoon. Bake 3 minutes; remove from oven. Sprinkle each muffin top with about 1 teaspoon crumb topping; immediately return to oven.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes longer or just until edges begin to brown. Cool on cookie sheets 2 to 3 minutes before removing to cooling racks. Serve warm or cool.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin top of 28), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.