Italian Herb Monkey Bread
- Prep Time: 50 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Hot Roll Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- OR 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil and thyme; 1/4 tsp. each dried oregano and rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water, 120° to 130°F
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large egg
- Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, as needed to handle dough
- Crisco® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix, Italian herbs and salt in large bowl. Stir in water, olive oil and egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Knead on lightly floured surface 5 minutes until smooth, adding more flour as needed. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine butter and garlic powder in small bowl. Divide dough into 16 pieces. Shape each piece into ball. Dip each ball in butter mixture and place in prepared pan. Pour any remaining butter over dough. Cover and let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F) 20 to 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool on wire rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of loaf), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.