Key Lime Quick Bread
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 70 min
- Ready Time: 195 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 4 to 5 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 325ºF. Coat 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- COMBINE sugar, eggs, oil, lime juice, lime peel and vanilla in large bowl; beat until well blended.
- STIR together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in nuts and coconut.
- POUR into prepared pan. Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Combine lime juice and powdered sugar; stir until smooth. Spoon over loaf, spreading to cover top.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 27g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.