Rustic Italian Bread
- Prep Time: 80 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 225 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ Bread Flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 oz.) packet active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (120 to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 egg white, beaten
- STIR flour, sugar, salt and yeast in large bowl. Mix well. Add warm water and oil. Mix well. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, adding additional flour as necessary. Coat large bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat top. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- SPRINKLE baking sheet with cornmeal. Punch down dough. Shape dough into oval-shaped loaf, about 12 inches long. Place on prepared baking sheet. Cover loosely with greased plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Make a 1-inch deep lengthwise slash in top of loaf using a serrated knife. Brush loaf with egg white. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when lightly tapped.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/16), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 20), Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.