Sun-Dried Tomato Biscuits
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives, drained well
- 2/3 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 475°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, salt and basil in large bowl. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, tomatoes and olives. Add milk. Stir until dough just holds together.
- PLACE dough on floured surface. Knead lightly 8 to 10 times. Roll or pat to 3/4-inch thick. Cut dough with floured biscuit cutter. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 biscuit of 8), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 460mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.